SUMMARY: If you have at least a 0.50 FTE qualifying assistantship or a qualifying fellowship, then you are eligible for a 100% subsidy of the student health insurance (both domestic and international).
For U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents

The insurance is voluntary for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, and you must re-enroll in the insurance on a semester-by-semester basis.

For International Students

International students with a F-1 or J-1 visa type are automatically enrolled in the mandatory international insurance when they register for their classes each fall and spring semester. 

Please click here for full details.