You will need:
- A pen/pencil and paper.
- 30 – 60 minutes of uninterrupted time. If you plan to take more than one test (Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus), you will need 30 – 60 minutes for each test. You can take each test separately, even on different days.
- Important: When you reach the MyMathTest:
- Use your student ID number as your login.
- You must immediately establish a password. Please click on “Forgot your password?” and follow the directions. All password information will be sent to your MU email account.
- How to access your MU email account? https://webmail.missouri.edu
The use (or giving) of unauthorized assistance on this assessment is prohibited.
Unauthorized assistance includes, but is not limited to:
assistance from another person
the use of any website other than the MyMathTest website
the use of textbooks, notes, or other mathematics-related content while taking the assessment
Students who are found to be in violation of this policy, whether receiving or giving aid, will be reported to the Provost's Office under the University of Missouri Standard of Conduct. Appropriate sanctions will be enforced in the case of cheating on this assessment.
New students may be required to take the math placement test to fulfill housing and/or FIGs’ requirements. Please direct questions about the need to take the test to your academic advisor.
For placement test: go to Canvas Dashboard or under Courses in Canvas.
- Your course may not be present on your Dashboard, it is present in your list of all courses.
- To access this list, click the Courses button on the left side of the screen in Canvas.
- Scroll to the bottom and click All Courses.
- You can favorite courses by clicking the star icon next to the Course Name in the list. Any that are not starred/favorited will remain accessible from this list of All Courses.